Sugarcane Fibre™ is made from sugarcane selected from cane grown by contracted farmers in northern New South Wales, Australia. These farmers meet Best Farming Practices. Once harvested, the cane is tested for chemicals and heavy metals before being processed.
When manufacturing Sugarcane Fibre™, only water is added and it is dried at a low temperature to retain nutrients and other benefits. 95% of sugar content is removed while leaving all other components intact.
- Clean label, non-genetically modified functional ingredient;
- Whole plant origin containing phytonutrients;
- Registered with various authorities globally;
- Not a novel ingredient.
Although Sugarcane Fibre™ is an insoluble fibre, it behaves like a soluble fibre and therefore brings the best of both when it is used in conjunction with other products.
Sugarcane Fibre™ is available in 10kg bags to food businesses only.
Advanced processing technology maintains whole plant cell integrity, providing versatility, nutrient functionality and other benefits which sets Sugarcane Fibre™ apart from other fibres and ingredients.
Sugarcane Fibre™ is a functional ingredient with multiple benefits and applications
For technical information, trials and product development please contact us.
Sugarcane Fibre™ dramatically improves the taste of Gluten Free products, reduces costs, improves yield, texture and shelf life better than alternatives in most baking products.
Particular advantages seen in Pound Cakes, Flat breads, Doughnuts and Gluten Free bread.
- Cost savings-improves yield
- Binds and maintains water and oil in formulations
- Water Management/control
- Reduce moisture migration and loss
- Reduce syneresis. Syneresis is the separation of a liquid from a gel caused be contraction. – eg drying
- Moister, softer, better texture –even after freeze/thaw process
- Baked product stability & Integrity
- Extends shelf life
- Replaces fat while maintaining/improving taste and mouthfeel
- Partially replaces gums, binders, emulsifiers and preservatives
- Adds fibre and nutrients
- Reduces calories
- Lowers GI
- Clean label
- No E numbers
The inclusion of Sugarcane Fibre™ in trials has delivered a range of benefits and cost savings.
Water Management Control
- Retains more moisture than other fibres/fillers at cooked stage
- Reduce moisture migration and loss at the chilled/freezer
- Reduce syneresis, purge at defrost stage
- Juicier product retains moisture longer, better texture even after sitting and throughout freeze/thaw
- Cooking stability and integrity
- Cost savings as, under same preparation, end product retains more moisture while having lower water activity
- Initial work showed customer preference for the mouthfeel of the final product with Sugarcane Fibre™ inclusion
- Clean label
- No E numbers
Today there is more scrutiny on labels and customers demanding healthier products.
Sugarcane Fibre™ inclusion has the ability for many snacks and other products to make fibre and potentially other health claims as well as “cleaning up” the label.
- Lowers the GI load of a meal when the meal includes 3.5g of Sugarcane Fibre™
- Improves fibre content
- Natural source of antioxidants
- Aids Digestive health
- Aids satiety
- Weight loss